The First Angelís Message
Announcing the Hour of
period in the Bible, which ended in
Rev. 10:1-3. The proclamation of this message
is compared to the roar of a lion.
Lev. 23:23-32. Ten days before the earthly
sanctuary was cleansed, the warning was sounded through all Israel.
- Rev. 14:6. The angel having the everlasting
gospel is the first of a series of three angels.
- Rev. 14:7. The burden of the message is the
hour of Godís "judgment is come." Men are to fear God and
give glory to Him.
- Acts 24:25. This message could not have been
given in Paulís day, for the judgment was then future.
- 2 Tim. 4:1. The day of judgment is connected
with the coming of Christ.
- Luke 21:36; 20:35. The righteous are
"accounted worthy" before Christ comes.
- Rev. 22:12. Christ brings His reward with Him.
- Rev. 10:1-10. This message is based upon the
contents of a "little book," which announces that time
should be no longer.
- Rev. 10:11. As this is followed by another
world-wide message, it is not real time, but prophetic time, that
- Dan. 8:14. Daniel is the only "little
book" that gives the 2300 days,óthe longest prophetic
About ten years before 1844, Bible students began
to study the prophetic period of 2300 days, and commenced to warn the
world, telling them that the judgment day was near. Joseph Wolfe preached
it in Asia; Edward Irving and more than three hundred ministers proclaimed
the same message in Europe; while Wm. Miller and his co-laborers declared
the message in America.
- Zech. 9:9; Luke 19:35-40. The disciples
fulfilled prophecy at the time of Christís triumphal entry into
Jerusalem, but were disappointed.
- Rev. 10:8-10. In like manner Godís
people fulfilled prophecy during the ten years prior to 1844. As they
studied the prophetic symbols in Daniel, the thought of Christ coming
in 1844 was sweet to them, but the disappointment was bitter.
- Heb. 10:32-34. God desires that this experience
should be kept in remembrance by His people.
- Dan. 7:9, 10. The people expected the judgment
to take place on earth and were disappointed in the location of the
judgment and not the event. It was by Godís appointment that while
heaven was interested in the opening of the judgment in heaven, Christís
followers on earth should have their love and thoughts all centered on
the movements of their Saviour.
Second Angelís Message