Ten Gospel Truths
What the Bible Teaches - Truth #8
- An appreciation of the agape of Christ delivers from egocentric motivation (2 Corinthians 5:14, 15).
- God longs to see His people "grow up" out of immature, childish motivation (Ephesians 4:13-15).
- A spiritual "babe" is "unskilful in the word of righteousness" (Hebrews 5:12-6:3).
- The climax of the plan of salvation is the "marriage of the Lamb" (Revelation 19:7).
- It has been delayed only because "His wife [has not yet] made herself ready" (verse 7).
- The making "ready" is the experience of righteousness by faith (dikaiosune) which culminates in "the righteousness of saints" (dikaiomata). Imputed righteousness is at last lived out in imparted righteousness (verse 8; Romans 8:4). It is all by faith.
- This glorious triumph is parallel to the sealing work as the culmination of the cleansing of the sanctuary (Daniel 8:14; Revelation 7:1-4; 14:1-5, 12).
- Satan maintains that it is impossible for fallen man to obey God's law; a people who keep God's law demonstrate the falsehood of his claim (Romans 13:10; Revelation 15:1-4).