Ten Gospel Truths
What the Bible Teaches - Truth #7
- The purpose of Christ's coming was to "destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8).
- He succeeded (Hebrews 2:14, 15)!
- The victory was won by meeting all the temptation that Satan can present to sinful human "flesh" or nature, and by conquering sin there (Romans 8:3).
- The result: those who have faith in Him demonstrate in their lives "the righteousness of the law" (verse 4).
- God's people will "overcome even as [He] overcame" (Revelation 3:20).
- One who has such faith cannot continue under the "dominion" of sin (Romans 6:14).
- The result of the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary will be the preparation of a people for translation, who will by faith in Christ become "mature" or "perfect" in character (Hebrews 6:1; 7:25; 10:1; 11:39, 40; 13:20, 21).
- This demonstration will honor Christ as a Bridegroom (Revelation 14:1-5; 19:7, 8).