Ten Gospel Truths
What the Bible Teaches - Truth #5
- His name is "Immanuel, . . . God with us" (Matthew 1:23).
- Though He was "in the form of God," He was "made a little lower than the angels," "made of a woman, made under the law," "in all things . . . made like unto His brethren," "made to be sin for us, who knew no sin" (Philippians 2:5; Hebrews 2:9, 14; Galatians 4:4; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- "As the children are partakers of flesh
[sarx, Greek] and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same" (Hebrews 2:17).
- He was "in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).
- To deny this reality that He "is come in the flesh
[sarx] is "that spirit of antichrist," the essence of the Roman Catholic counterfeit of the gospel (1 John 4:1-3). (Waggoner sees Christ as nigh at hand.)