Ten Gospel Truths
What the Bible Teaches - Truth #3
- God does the loving and the giving; our part is to do the believing (John 3:16, 17). "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23). But the word
"believe" must be understood as the Bible teaches it (Romans 10:10).
- "My yoke is easy, and My burden is light," and to resist, to
"kick against the goads," is "hard" (Matthew 11:28; Acts 9:5;
- The reason why this is true is that "the love
[agape] of Christ constraineth us." Christ's love is active, not passive. The
one who believes the gospel cannot continue living for self
(Romans 6:1, 2, 14, 15; 2 Corinthians 5:14,
- Christ's love for each individual person is infinitely greater than that of a parent for a child (Psalm 27:10; 103:13).
- To "kick against the goads" is to resist the Holy Spirit's
conviction of Good News (John 16:7-11).
- Light is stronger than darkness, grace is stronger than sin, and the Holy Spirit is stronger than the flesh (John 1:5, 9;
Romans 5:20; Galatians 5:16, 17).
- God is leading every person to repentance, but many
refuse His leading (Romans 2:4).