Ten Gospel Truths
What the Bible Teaches - Truth #10
- The ancient Hebrew sanctuary and its services were a type or pattern of the ministry of the plan of salvation in the heavenly sanctuary (Leviticus 25:8, 9).
- The priests served "unto the example or shadow of heavenly things" (Hebrews 8:5).
- Christ is the true High Priest of the plan of salvation (Hebrews 3:1; 4:14-16; 5:5-10; 7:24-28, etc.).
- The world's final day of judgment was typified by the annual Hebrew day of atonement (Leviticus 16:26-32).
- For God's repentant people, that day meant a special preparation, a judgment of acquittal, vindication, and a cleansing of heart (Leviticus 16:29-31).
- Daniel's prophecy pinpointed the commencement of the antitypical (or cosmic) Day of Atonement at the end of 2300 years in 1844 (Daniel 8:14).
- We are living today in the grandest era of world history when the plan of salvation is to be concluded with victory for Christ (Hebrews 9:11-15, 23-28).
- The heart-cleansing preparation for the second coming of Christ will be a special ministry of justification by faith in the Day of Atonement (10:36-38; 11:22-28; Revelation 14:6, 7, 12).
Compiled by Robert J. Wieland