Service in the Second Apartment
of the Sanctuary
upon the desolate earth.
- Heb. 9:7. Service in second apartment only one
day in the year.
- Lev. 16:2, 29, 30. Atonement made on the tenth
day of the seventh month. All sin put away on that day.
- Lev. 16:2-4, 11-14. Preparation of the priest
- Lev. 16:7, 8. Lots cast upon the two goats.
- Lev. 16:9, 15-19. The Lordís goat offered as
- Num. 29:7-11. Sin-offering offered on the day of
atonement besides the sin-offering of atonement.
- Lev. 16:18, 19. The last work performed by the
high priest in the sanctuary was at the altar in the first apartment.
- Lev. 16:20. When the priest comes out from the
sanctuary, in type, he bears all the confessed sins of the people.
There is then an end of all reconciling.
- Lev. 16:10, 21. The sins all laid upon head of
- Ps. 7:16. David understood that the sins would
come down upon the head of the evil one.
- Lev. 16:22. The goat was led into the
- Rev. 22:11, 12. When our High Priest leaves the
sanctuary to come into the earthly court, every case will have been
decided for eternity.
- Rev. 20:1-3. Satan, the antitypical scapegoat,
receives the sins of the righteous, and is left
The Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the
world should be made the central thought of every text.